Change of Level

If you are accepted to a new degree program at NJIT you must receive a new I-20 in order to start your new program.  The Office of Admissions will issue your new I-20.

Your Change of Level I-20 must be issued before the end of your grace period (60 days after the end of your current degree or OPT period).  The new program must start within 5 months of your current end date. If your new program starts more than 5 months in the future, you will have to leave the U.S. and reenter with an initial I-20 issued by the Office of Admissions

How to apply:

1.      Apply to your new program. Indicate in your application that you are currently an F-1 student at NJIT.

2.      If you get accepted you will receive an email from the Admissions office. If you have been accepted to a Bachelor’s or Master’s program they will ask you to submit financial documentation showing enough funding to cover all your expenses (and your dependents) for one year. If you have been accepted to a Doctorate program they might ask you to wait until your departmental funding is confirmed.

3.      Once your new I-20 is issued, the Office of Admissions will mail it to you or you can pick it up yourself.

Contact the Office of Admissions if you have any questions about document submission.